Import Facebook friends into Google Plus (G+)
Google Plus is one of the fastest growing social networks with, unofficially, more than 10 million users, even before it’s actual public launch. Well, if you still haven’t joined Google+, you can ask for an invite, as you can join G+ only by invitation, as of now.
The first thing that crosses our mind after signing up on G+, is how to import your Facebook friends into this ‘Facebook Killer’.
G+ doesn’t allow you to import your Facebook friends directly because, quite obviously, Facebook refused them these rights. But since G+ allows you to import Yahoo! contacts, here’s a nice workaround:
- Overview: We will import Facebook friends into Yahoo!, and then import those friends into G+ from Yahoo!.
- Import Facebook friends into Yahoo!: Yahoo allows you to directly import Facebook contacts into Yahoo! Address book. Follow the steps:
- Sign in to your Yahoo account & click on the contacts tab at the top
- Now click on the Import Contacts button.
- Choose Facebook from the given list
- Now wait and let Yahoo! import your Facebook Friends.
- Import Yahoo! Contacts into Google+: Now that our Yahoo! Address Book contains Facebook friends, we will import Yahoo! Contacts to G+: