Music is a language that is commonly spoken all around the world. It is a string that can bind us all together and can express the emotion of ours. If you are a music lover and have a habit of listening songs on your computer, then check out the list of some of the best music players for windows you can install and experience a delightful enigma of music.
Winamp is more than decades old when it comes to listing the media players for windows. It became a popular player among the windows users when it was launched in 1997. It is a good mp3 player with multi-equalizer settings that you can apply to enhance the quality of the music output. Unfortunately, it had to struggle a lot against the other media players which resulted in its nearly appalling shutdown. However Winamp music player made a comeback with some love-hate kind of features. As a classic, it certainly deserves the best place among the music players meant for windows.
- User-friendly interface
- Simple navigation
- Conversion and streaming
- Multiple plugins
- Supports multiple format files
It is not much of a music player but you cannot count it out of the list. It is used more as a video player due to the multi-format playing ability but it has an equalizer setting too which is useful to enhance your music files sound output. You can download VLC for free from any authorized download sites. You can generate your own library and even stream audio directly online. The player is compatible with all the versions of windows right from the windows 98 to windows 10 which makes it a popular application among the people.
- Supports multiple audio-video formats like AAC, AC3, ALAC, AMR, DTS, DV Audio, XM, FLAC, It, MACE, TTA, Vorbis, WAV and WMA
- Can stream audio files online
- Can play BluRay and HD format videos and Mp3 files
- You can play internet radio stations
- Convert video files in different format
It looks like a cousin of Winamp player due to its similar design. This music player has got 18-band graphics equalizer with built-in sound effects. There are some splendid features which will amplify your music experience. You can increase the tempo, adjust the bass and add echo according to your will. The music player software also converts CDs to Mp3 files which you can transfer and listen on your smartphone or Mp3 players. With different skin change options and streaming online radio feature, this is certainly a great music player for windows that you can install.
- 18 band graphic equalizer
- Multiple format support like CD, AAC, AC3, APE, FLAC, MIDI, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Easy to use interface
- Can stream internet radio stations
- Can convert CD to Mp3 format
Musicbee is a powerful music player with a highly customizable interface. The most important feature of this player is that it can import music libraries from iTunes and windows media player and arranges your music collection in a simple manner. Another valuable feature is that it fills the metadata of your tracks automatically when it is connected to the internet. You also get an in-built ID3 tag editor which allows you to manually edit your music. The number of plugins also makes it a great music player to install. Only make sure that you are using an upgraded version of windows as it can make the CPUs of the old computers a bit slow.
- Multi-format support right from MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, Opus, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV and CDs
- Import music libraries from iTunes and windows media player
- Built-in ID3 tag editor
- User-friendly interface
- 10-band and 15-band equalizers
MediaMonkey is an excellent audio player who genuinely loves music with heart and soul. The most attractive feature of this player is its highly customizable interface with multiple skin options. If you are a party animal, then this player can do wonders for you with its auto-Dj feature called Party Mode. This feature automatically plays the numbers which you have set according to your criteria. This tool also allows you rip CDs, download podcast and meta-data for your tracks. What makes it stand out from the crowd is its ability to sync with your iOS and Android phones.
- Supports multi-format files like MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4A, MPC, APE, FLAC, VQF, WAV, and audio CDs
- Customizable interface
- Built-in Dj Feature
- Sync with Android and iOS
- Download podcasts and meta-data for music tracks
For the windows users, Foobar2000 is an excellent music player due to its great customization and various other features. The player is lightweight and has a clean interface that can be used easily. It plays most of the audio formats and also fills in the missing meta-data from the internet. The music player helps you to organize your music library and rips CD discs, DVD, and HDCD.
- Simple interface
- Plays multiple format audio files like MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND
- Easily organizes your music library
- Can rip Cds, DVDs, and HDCD
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Advanced media tagging
Clementine is yet another great choice for a music player that you can download and install on your PC. What makes it unique is its ability to search and play songs from cloud network like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. It has other useful features like a smart playlist, internet radio, multi-format support, visualize and other stuff. It can even sync with your USB devices and play music from your phone or pen drive. The music player can be controlled by your phone by downloading an android app. The only thing you require to make this player smoothly is a higher configuration PC or laptop.
- Can play music from cloud network
- Supports media files like MP3, OGG, FLAC, AAC
- Remote control Android App
- Can sync with USB devices
These are some of the best music players for windows system that people can install with some unique features, easy usage and above all, maximum music experience.