Have a good photograph but its background isn’t what you want it to be, huh?? No problems, TrickVilla is here to help you change background in photoshop of any image 😉
Steps to Change Background in Photoshop
1. Open your image (the one for which you want to change background) in Adobe Photoshop. I will use this (supposedly cute) homemade Android model I made for the tutorial.
2. Now, right-click the background layer & choose Layer from Background. In the New Layer dialog box, click OK to convert your background layer into a new Layer for us to work upon.
3. Now we gotta select our subject, i.e. the main person or object in the photo, like the cute Android in this picture. You can use various tools in Photoshop for selecting the subject, like Quick Selection Tool, Magic Wand, Marquee or Lasso Tool.
Tip: Amazing Photoshop Selection Technique (Video Tutorial also Included)
4. With your selection tool still selected (no matter which one), right-click on your selection & choose Layer via Cut. This will make 2 layers, one has just your selection in it, while the other only has the background.
5. Now it’s simple, just select your background layer & press Delete key on your keyboard to delete it. Now drag & drop your desired background image on top of your current image in Photoshop & it will automatically load into a new layer.
6. Drag this new Background Layer below your selected subject’s layer & that’s it folks! You’ve got a new background for your subject 😀
Do some tweaking around if required & don’t forget to comment below about our tutorial on how to change background in Photoshop… 😉