Find out for how long your brother/sister has been sitting on the computer! In other words, find your computer’s uptime!
System Uptime: The number of hours a computer has been running since its last restart.
For Windows XP
Follow the steps below to find your system’s uptime:
- Open Notepad on your windows computer
- Copy and Paste the following code into Notepad
@systeminfo | @find “System Up Time:”
- Now save the notepad file as uptime.bat onto your desktop or anywhere else.
- Close the Notepad now and open uptime.bat by double clicking the file.
Hint: The file will have an icon of a yellow gear on a white background.
- A black command window will open up. Wait for a few seconds and then it will start loading some information.
- Then you will see the system uptime in days and hours.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
Follow the steps below to find system uptime in Windows vista/Windows 7:
- Press ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+delete. The Windows Task Manager will open up
- Go to Performance tab
- You will find System Uptime under the System category.