Follow the steps below to increase the speed of Mozilla Firefox:
- In the address bar of Mozilla Firefox, type “about:config ” then press enter.
- Using the search box at the top of the page, find the following:
- Now, one-by-one double click these terms and
– set “network.dns.disableIPv6” to “true”
– set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
– Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
-Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30 ( this means it will make 30 requests at once) you can set it more than 30, but the network administrators do not like it.
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer.
- Name it nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to 0 (Zero, this value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.)
- Right-click anywhere again and select New-> string.
- Name it content.notify.backoffcount and set it’s value to 5
- Right-click anywhere yet again and select New-> string.
- Name it ui.submenuDelay and set it’s value to 0 (Zero)
- Search plugin.expose_full_path and set it to true
- Search browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers and set it to 0 (Zero, This will disable caching of recent pages visited)
- Right-click anywhere and select New-> String.
- Name it browser.cache.memory.capacity and set it’s value to 0 (Zero)
Then, restart Firefox to take into account the new settings. You should now have greater speed.