You probably know about the new Facebook profile that was announced at the Facebook f8 Developer conference on 22 September, 2011. The new profile comes with an exciting new feature, dubbed Timeline. Your ‘Timelined’ profile shows everything that has happened in your life, online, since you joined Facebook.
[Update]: The new Facebook Timeline has been launched worldwide. Just visit the below link to activate it.
The Timeline will launch on 30th September, 2011 for everyone. But, you can get it now, as it’s already out for Developers. The timeline is still in developer mode, so expect some bugs till the real launch.
Note: Till 30th September 2011, only other developers will be able to see your new profile.
How to enable New Facebook Profile with Timeline
Follow the steps below:
- Log onto Facebook
- Click here to access Facebook Developer app tools. If you are going here for the first time, Facebook will ask request your permission to use the app, click Allow.
- Your Facebook Developers Page will now open. Click Create New App button in the upper-right hand corner of this page. This is your personal app, you won’t be submitting it for others to see/use.
- Your new app will now be created. Click Open Graph in the left sidebar of your app’s page.
- In the Open Graph:Get Started page, define any action for your app & click get started button. (It doesn’t really matter what you type here, as your app will never go public. See the screenshot below for reference.)
- You will now be taken to a long page. No edits here, just scroll down and click Save changes and Next button. Do the same for the next 3 pages. (Loading may take some time.)
- The Open Graph Dashboard will open now (just like the screenshot below). Wait for a few minutes here and then go to Facebook Home Page.
- You will be invited to use the Timeline here at home page at the top(See screenshot). Be patient, changes may take some time to be applied. Click the blue Get it now button to enable your new Facebook Profile with Timeline…!!
- Click Start Tour to let Facebook introduce you to the new profile & Timeline. Edit your profile and click Publish Now to make it go live, or wait until your timeline goes live automatically on Friday, September 30, 2011.