Does your computer take a lot of time to start, which frustrates you? I am going to highlight 3 most effective ways to boot (start) your Windows computer faster.
- Go to start>run then type msconfig and press enter.
- Go to the startup tab. Here you will see a list of startup items.
- These are all the programs that automatically start when you boot your PC. These programs slow down the boot up process.
- So uncheck all the unwanted items like ms-office, messengers other utilities that u may not need at startup. Don’t uncheck your antivirus software.
Restart your PC to and see for yourself, your pc will now boot
2. Do a boot defragment.
This places all boot files next to each other on the
disk for faster booting. By default this option is enabled, but
on some systems it is not, so below is the information on how to turn it on:
- Go to Start Menu and Click Run
- Type regedit then click ok
- Find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction“
- Select “Enable” from the list on the right
- Right-click on it and select “Modify”
- Change the value to Y .
- Reboot your PC and see the change yourself.
3.SPEED UP BOOT BY DISABLING UNUSED PORTS
This is done by disabling your unused devices in Device Manager. for example, if you don’t have input devices that are connected to one of your USB’s or COM ports, disabling them will give you an extra performance boost in booting.
- Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> device manager
- Disable devices that you don’t use for your PC and then restart.