On the main screen type *#92702689# (*#WAR0ANTY#)
It will take you to a secret menu where you may find some of the
1. Displays Serial Number.
2. Displays the Month and Year of Manufacture
3. Displays (if there) the date when the phone was purchased (MMYY)
4. Displays the date of the last repair – if found (0000)
5. Shows life timer of phone (time spent on calling/receiving phone calls)
To check the phones Software version for Nokia Mobile.
On the main screen type *#0000#
If the above code does not work
then try *#9999#
1st Line : Software Version,
2nd Line: Software Release Date,
3rd Line: Compression Type
Only for Nokia Cell phones
Dial *#4720# to activate Half Rate Codec – Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more battery life.
Dial *#4720# again to Deactivate Half Rate
To restore your Nokia’s factory settings, also called default settings, follow the steps below.
It doesn’t delete any of your data, only the settings are changed back to default.
Dial *#7780# on you Nokia, to restore default settings.
May not work for all car models
What if your duplicate keys are back at home and you are away with your car when you forget your keys inside your car, or worser still, lose them??
Obviously, the remote of your duplicate key has a very limited range and thus cannot work when you are away from home. Don’t worry, this trick can unlock your car and get you your keys.
Requirements for this trick:
1. Your car must have central locking with remote entry system (sometimes called power door lock)
2. Duplicate keys with another person, maybe at home
3. You must have a Mobile with you.
If you meet all the above requirements, continue as follows:
- With your mobile, call the person who has the duplicate keys of your car. For example, if your duplicate keys are at your home, you can call your wife or servant or whomsoever is near the keys.
- Tell the person to get the duplicate keys and hold its remote near the mic of their phone/mobile.
- While they do this, set your mobile to speaker phone and get near the steering side of your car (that is where the central locking system is)
- Next, tell the person to press the unlock button on the duplicate keys while holding it near their phone/mobile. This may not work immediately, so tell them to tap the button continuously till your car unlocks.
It is that Easy!!!
How does this work??
Well, the uniquely coded radio frequencies emitted by the remote of your keys are transferred from that persons’ phone/mobile to yours. But because your phone was near the main unit inside the car, it caught those radio waves and unlocked your car.