May not work for all car models
What if your duplicate keys are back at home and you are away with your car when you forget your keys inside your car, or worser still, lose them??
Obviously, the remote of your duplicate key has a very limited range and thus cannot work when you are away from home. Don’t worry, this trick can unlock your car and get you your keys.
Requirements for this trick:
1. Your car must have central locking with remote entry system (sometimes called power door lock)
2. Duplicate keys with another person, maybe at home
3. You must have a Mobile with you.
If you meet all the above requirements, continue as follows:
- With your mobile, call the person who has the duplicate keys of your car. For example, if your duplicate keys are at your home, you can call your wife or servant or whomsoever is near the keys.
- Tell the person to get the duplicate keys and hold its remote near the mic of their phone/mobile.
- While they do this, set your mobile to speaker phone and get near the steering side of your car (that is where the central locking system is)
- Next, tell the person to press the unlock button on the duplicate keys while holding it near their phone/mobile. This may not work immediately, so tell them to tap the button continuously till your car unlocks.
It is that Easy!!!
How does this work??
Well, the uniquely coded radio frequencies emitted by the remote of your keys are transferred from that persons’ phone/mobile to yours. But because your phone was near the main unit inside the car, it caught those radio waves and unlocked your car.