Did you know that the flight number of the plane that had hit WTC on 9/11 was Q33N. The following trick is surely gonna shock you as it reveals a secret behind that flight number:
- Open Notepad in your computer and type the flight number i.e Q33N (in uppercase)
- Increase the Font Size to 72, Change the Font Style to Wingdings.
- You will be amazed by the findings!!
Windows has an inbuilt software for repairing itself. Named after the famous Dr. Watson of Sherlock Holmes series, this software can repair any bugs. Know how to open it here:
- Click on Start>Run
- Type cmd and hit enter
- In command prompt window, type drwatson.exe and hit enter
- Wait for a couple of seconds and a new dialogue box will appear. If your windows is fine, it will say “no faults detected”, otherwise it will try to fix all errors.
You can operate your mouse cursor even from your keyboard in case your mouse malfunctions, or just to show it off to your friends. Here’s how:
- Switch on the Num Lock button on your keyboard so that the LED lights up
- Press Alt+Shift+Num Lock keys at once and you will get a ‘Mouse Keys’ dialog box
- Click on OK
- Now using Numeric keypad, you can move your mouse pointer. The controls are:
1,2,3,4,6,7,8 and 9 keys are used to move the mouse cursor into different directions.
Key 5 is used as mouse click button.
Insert key used to hold down mouse button.
+ Sign used to double click on any object.
Delete button used to release the mouse.
- Press the NumLock button to disable this keyboard mouse feature
This trick will display a message before your Win XP starts.
Caution: Editing the registry can be fatal for your Windows. Follow the steps carefully.
- Go to Start->Run
- On the Run window type regedit and press Enter.
- Navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mcft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
- Modify the key legalnoticecaption and write the title of the window that you want to appear.
Eg: Message by Dave
- Modify the key legalnoticetext with what you want the window to display in its body.
Eg: This computer is owned by Dave, go away..
- Restart your computer
Now whenever your computer starts, the message defined by you will appear before Windows XP is loaded…!!!
Does your computer take a lot of time to start, which frustrates you? I am going to highlight 3 most effective ways to boot (start) your Windows computer faster.
- Go to start>run then type msconfig and press enter.
- Go to the startup tab. Here you will see a list of startup items.
- These are all the programs that automatically start when you boot your PC. These programs slow down the boot up process.
- So uncheck all the unwanted items like ms-office, messengers other utilities that u may not need at startup. Don’t uncheck your antivirus software.
Restart your PC to and see for yourself, your pc will now boot
2. Do a boot defragment.
This places all boot files next to each other on the
disk for faster booting. By default this option is enabled, but
on some systems it is not, so below is the information on how to turn it on:
- Go to Start Menu and Click Run
- Type regedit then click ok
- Find “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction“
- Select “Enable” from the list on the right
- Right-click on it and select “Modify”
- Change the value to Y .
- Reboot your PC and see the change yourself.
3.SPEED UP BOOT BY DISABLING UNUSED PORTS
This is done by disabling your unused devices in Device Manager. for example, if you don’t have input devices that are connected to one of your USB’s or COM ports, disabling them will give you an extra performance boost in booting.
- Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> device manager
- Disable devices that you don’t use for your PC and then restart.