What is SQMAPI.dll?
It is an acronym for Software Quality Management Application Programming Interface Dynamic Link Library. It is a critical system file and you should not edit or modify this file unless absolutely necessary.
You can find this file under the following location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync\sqmapi.dll
Is this a virus?
No, it is not a virus or Trojan horse. It comes with verified Microsoft digital signature. We also found no reports of this file name being forged or used as patch for infection.
Some of the common errors associated with this dll file are:
- SQMAPI.dll is missing
- SQMAPI.dll not found
- SQMAPI.dll application error
- SQMAPI.dll has failed to start
- SQMAPI.dll is missing from your computer
Fix SQMAPI.dll problems in windows 7
There are many old application and programs which are no longer actively supported by Windows. Such old programs have predefined location and registry values attached to their information file. While execution, therefore, they tend to search for the dependent SQMAPI.dll file in the old location but are unable to find it. If you are using Windows 7 SP1 you must immediately upgrade your OS. This is how you can fix this problem –
METHOD 1: Upgrade Windows 7 and the Old Program
- Press the start button
- In the search box, type windows update
- Click the link on the top window
- Select install now
- Wait for the OS to completely upgrade (Might take hours)
- Restart your computer
- Now try to run the old program
- If it still fails, right click on the program and select “Properties”
- Now select the compatibility tab
- Select “Run this program” in compatibility mode
- Now select the compatible operating system version
- Press Apply — > Ok
- Try running the program again.
- This should solve your problem.
METHOD 2: Perform a SFC Scan
- Restart computer
- Press F8 continuously after you hear the first beep
- Select Safe mode
- Enter Safe mode
- Now Press Winkey + R
- Write cmd and Press Enter
- Now type the following command – sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to complete
- Restart your computer
Downloading is not an option for this file. You should never use third party websites for downloading dll and other system files. Most of them are patched with virus or Trojans which can seriously damage your operating system. Follow the methods mentioned above to get fix this problem properly.
In case you are still unable to get this problem solved, ask for help by using the comment section.