Windows reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes, like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC, etc.
You can get it back. Just follow the steps below to enjoy more internet speed:
- Click Start>Run and type “gpedit.msc” without quotes. This opens the group policy editor.
- Then go to Local Computer Policy
- Choose Computer Configuration
- Then go to Administrative Templates>Network
- Now head to QOS Packet Scheduler>Limit Reservable Bandwidth.
- Now Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth
- It will say it is not configured, but if you look under the ‘Explain‘ tab, you will find, ” By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”
- So the trick is to ENABLE reserved bandwidth, then set it to ZERO.
This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.
Enjoy faster speed!