How to apply sketch effect in Photoshop
Here, I will show you how to very easily turn any picture into a sketch in Adobe Photoshop.
I somehow happened to spare myself some time from Trickvilla. Aimlessly surfing on Facebook, I noticed that I had not updated my profile picture for quite a long time now.
Wondering what to upload next, I opened up my Adobe Photoshop CS5 and gave my current profile pic a new look by “sketching” it, virtually.
Have a look on how to do it:
- Open up an image in Photoshop
- Press Ctrl+Shift+U to de-saturate it.
- Press Ctrl+J to duplicate your original layer.
- Select your duplicate layer & press Ctrl+I to invert colors of your image.
- Change the color mode of you duplicate layer to color dodge
- Go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Keep trying different values for radius to obtain a better sketch.
My preferred radius:7.0
- Save your new sketch version of the image. 😉